I have had the pleasure of participating as a speaker at this conference several times over the years, and I can honestly say it is one of the best run genealogy events around.
Below is the press release from the conference.
It will be held on Friday, October 13, 2017 and Saturday, October 14, 2017 at the Institute of Technology, Business and Development, Downtown campus of Central Connecticut State University, 185 Main Street, New Britain, CT.
The conference provides an opportunity to learn strategies for tracing your Polish-American and Eastern European roots. The speakers are well known in Polish genealogy circles and their discussions will enable attendees to fill in the missing pieces of their family history. Speakers have extensive experience in their respective fields and have been featured at numerous regional, national and international conferences.
Featured speakers will be Matthew Bielawa, (Vice-President, PGSCTNE), Dr. Mieczyslaw B. Biskupski, (Endowed Chair, Polish and Polish-American Studies, CCSU), Michelle Chubenko, (New Jersey), David Ouimette, (Utah), Tadeusz H. Piłat (Tarnobrzeg, Poland), Thomas Sadauskas (Virginia), Jonathan Shea, A.G., President, PGSCTNE).and Julie Szczepankiewicz (Massachusetts).
A two-part seminar will be presented on “Finding the Missing Pieces of Your Polish and Ukrainian Family History.”
Many lectures are scheduled including:
1. “Did Pilsudski Raise a Polish Army in America?”
2. “Jersey Roots: Touring the Garden State”
3. “Genealogy in Ukraine: Discover Online Resources,”
4. “The Story of Polish Immigrant Millworkers,”
5. “Overcoming Spelling Problems and Unlocking the Power of Names”
6. “Europe’s World War II Displaced Persons: Their Little Known Story,” and
7. “The Ins and Outs of Geneteka: How it Works and How to Use it Most Effectively.”
8. Tadeusz Pilat will speak on “Greek Catholics in Poland and Family Research” and “MilitaryConscription Lists in the Kingdom of Poland and Genealogical Research.”
For more information, please see the conference website at http://www.pgsctne.org/Conference%202017/List%20of%20hyperlinks.aspx which includes the conference schedule, speakers’ biographies, and lecture summaries. Information and forms about one-on-one consultation appointments with the speakers (a limited number are available), registration and lecture selections are also available.
Throughout the day, a collection of books, maps and other materials will be available to all attendees for consultation. Officers of the Society will be present to answer questions.
Click here for more information.
Copyright, PGSCTNE and Lisa A. Alzo, 2017
All rights Reserved