By now we are all trying to adjust to the “new normal” resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak. Social distancing, working from home, and closings/cancellations/reductions impacting just about every business sector. Like many professionals in my field, I am self-employed and I have seen several of my 2020 scheduled in-person appearances cancelled, rescheduled to virtual presentations, or postponed until 2021, which also means a decline in income.
For many years I have worked as an educator developing online courses and presenting webinars. During this time of self-quarantine, I will be increasing my virtual/digital offerings (watch this blog for announcements).
For now, here are five ways you can learn from me online. Be sure to check out the special discounts!
1. Online Courses at Research, Write, Connect. Save 50% on any CURRENT genealogy or writing course available on my online site. Click here to register or learn more. Use promo code HOME50 at checkout. Offer is good through 31 March 2020. [Offer does not apply to any new courses added after 18 March 2020]
2. Webinar Bundles: Take 50% off all of my currently available webinar bundles. Topics include Writing Your Family History, Beginning Genealogy, Eastern European Research, Finding Female Ancestors, and more. Click here to learn more. Use promo code BUNDLE50. Offer good through 31 March 2020.
In addition, if you are a program chair for a society, library, or other educational group, feel free to contact me for bulk pricing options for purchasing the entire set of bundles to enable your members to watch these webinars either from behind your paid membership wall, or by private setup I can provide.
3. Legacy Family Tree Webinars. I have been a presenter for Legacy Family Tree Webinars since 2011, and currently have 54 classes in their vast library. Also, I will be presenting “Timesaving Apps for Busy Genealogists” as a live webinar on 20 May 2020. Click here to register for free. For subscribers, you can watch my previous recorded webinars anytime. If you don’t have a webinar membership, now is the perfect time to sign up by clicking here (affiliate link).
4. National Institute for Genealogical Studies. I have worked as an instructor for the National Institute for Genealogical Studies since 2003, and recently designed the Eastern European Research Certificate program. I will be hosting several free online chats on Eastern European Records on the following dates: Tuesday 12 May 2020 10:45 AM; Wednesday 19 August 6:45 PM; Sunday 22 November 2:45 PM. Click here to learn more about the National Institute’s certificate programs and specific courses.
5. Virtual Genealogical Association. I have presented webinars for the Virtual Genealogical Society on topics such as Eastern European Research and Writing Family History. I will present a live webinar “Finding Your Femme Fatales” on 9 May 2020. Keep checking the website for registration information. You will need a membership ($20 USD per year) to watch any of the webinars or past recordings.
Please subscribe to this blog or keep checking back for more learning opportunities.
[Thank you for your interest in my blog and products and your support through shopping the affiliate links. As a small business owner, I am grateful for your support!]