Normally people don’t make it a point to celebrate the 11th milestone of anything.
For wedding anniversaries, steel (which represents strength), is the traditional material of the eleventh anniversary. It is not shiny (like gold, silver, or diamonds), but rather it is a practical, sturdy material.
Today, I mark 11 years posting as The Accidental Genealogist. Last year I completely missed acknowledging my 10th blogiversary (ten is one of those milestone numbers). I don’t know how I forgot, but the date came and went without any post from me. So this year, I was determined to remember and write a post marking my years blogging.
However, while searching online for information about the number 11, I came across some interesting information, including about how the number is recognized in numerology. Apparently, 11, 1, 11, 111, and 1111 in “Angel Numbers” all mean: “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts are manifesting instantly into form. Focus only upon your desires and not upon your fears.”
So I have chosen this as a sort of appropriate theme for my 11th year of blogging–a decade +1 year of blogging and still going strong.
As a brief retrospective, I have selected the following 11 posts as my favorites (not necessarily in any particular order).
1. Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month (The very first post launching my popular blogging prompts series I have hosted every March from 2010-2017; posted February 28, 2010)
2. Sojourn in Slovakia (Series about my first visit to Slovakia, posted June 15, 2010)
3. Sojourn in Slovakia: The Sequel (series about my return trip to Slovakia, posted July 01, 2012)
4. Ten Genealogy Lessons I Learned from My Mother (posted May 10, 2015)
5. Ten Genealogy Lessons I Learned from My Father (posted June 21, 2015).
6. Ten Things I Miss About Dad: Remembering John Alzo 1925-2005 (posted November 27, 2015)
7. Free Video for The Write Stuff: Using Nonfiction Writing Techniques to Write a Better Family History(the post I wrote about celebrating 25 years as a nonfiction writer, posted March 20, 2015)
8. Family History Writing on the Go! Review of Scrivener for iOS (posted July 20, 2016)
9.The Write Stuff Genealogy Intensive Returns! (posted February 23, 2017)
For more information on my popular course, click here.
10. Advent Calendar: December 1, 2009 (my first post for the Blogging prompt series Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories, posted December 1, 2009)
11. No Looking Back: Why I’m Choosing Myself in 2016! (posted December 31, 2015)
Even though an event (such as my 10th blogiversary) passes without recognition, there is no harm in revisiting it. Also, as I move on from year 11, I am looking forward to what new topics about genealogy and writing will inspire future posts for this blog.
Copyright 2017, Lisa A. Alzo
All Rights Reserved