We’re now through the first month of the New Year (hard to believe, isn’t it?). So, I thought this was a good time to check my progress on the genealogy/writing goals I listed in my “Eleven for ’11” post.
Here are the goals I set followed by a report on what I’ve done so far.
1. Follow up on researching my Alzo ancestors using information I obtained from my trip to Slovakia this summer.
Doing quite well with this goal. I’ve been finding quite a few records in various databases, old newspapers and more. I’ll be writing more about specific discoveries in future blog posts
2. Publish revised editions (and electronic versions) of my books, Three Slovak Women and Baba’s Kitchen.
3. Try to find out more about my grandmother’s brother who stayed in Slovakia.
4. Publish a new book.
5. Explore genealogy in Second Life.
6. Book additional speaking engagements–including some remote/virtual lectures.
7. Blog more frequently and try to use Twitter more for genealogical purposes.
8. Continue to expand my freelance writing career.
9. Write for at least 15 minutes per day (about ancestors or topics not associated with assignments or deadline projects).
10. Finish organizing my father’s scrapbook of his basketball days.
11. Purge, purge, purge the clutter! Organize all the other!