Happy Fourth of July!
For those in the U.S., today is Independence Day, a time usually marked with picnics, celebrations, and fireworks. The Accidental Genealogist is hard at work today, creating new content and coaching family history writers currently enrolled in The Write Stuff Genealogy Intensive courses.
In celebration of Independence Day and being an “Indie Author” I am running a special Fourth of July Flash Sale on my popular courses (Write Stuff I and Write Stuff II).
Register before 8 July, 2018 to save over 30% off the regular prices: Each course is regularly $129.00, !
You must use the coupon codes at checkout to receive your discount on the selected course.
Write Stuff I – write1july – click here
Write Stuff II – write2july – click here
(It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you take Write Stuff I prior to enrolling in Write Stuff II)
More about The Write Stuff Genealogy Intensives
self-paced six-week writing workshop-style course, with weekly writing assignments, instructional videos, and group and instructor feedback.
The Write Stuff I : Build Your Family History Writing Skills experience consists of an online self-paced instruction. You can start and complete the course whenever it is most convenient for your schedule. You will be guided through practical assignments with videos and resources for each topic and have access to a private Facebook group where you can interact with your writing coach and fellow family history writers and receive feedback.
This results-driven course will take you through the basics of jumpstarting your writing project through goal-setting, finding your focus, creating a storyboard and working on writing profiles and longer narratives.
Key Goals of The Write Stuff I
- Learn writing skills and techniques to produce a quality family history; build on the skills each week.
- Focus on getting a working draft.
- Work at your own pace.
- Receive constructive and helpful feedback.
- Overcome fears and anxiety about writing.
- Have fun!
See the full description here.
The Write Stuff II: Expand Your Family History Writing Skills
This course follows on from The Write Stuff I Genealogy Intensive: Build Your Family History Writing Skills, so you can pick up from where you left off, or even start a new project if you prefer. It’s time to get your writing groove back!
Key Goals of The Write Stuff II
- Visualize your outcome. Dust off that project you worked on before, or bring a new idea and get ready to write!
- Be prepared to “go all in.” Make the commitment and make it now, not a year from now.
- Build your family history project blueprint by creating a story structure that works!
- Learn Creative Nonfiction Writing techniques to help you write a better narrative!
- Discover how to use social history to enhance your story, and how to incorporate footnotes, endnotes and author’s notes.
- Get inspired by the “success” of others and learn how you can transfer that same success to your own project.
- Reconnect with former participants and meet new writers to build a network of supportive “project dreamers” that will serve you in the future.
- Learn how to take the next steps to self-publish your work in a book, eBook, or blog!
See the full description here.
Start Whenever You Are Ready
There is no official start or end date for these Write Stuff workshops, so you can work at your own pace and still receive valuable feedback on your writing from your coach!
Through online instructional sessions, weekly assignments, and collaboration with other participants, you will have access to an instructor with more than 28 years’ experience, who will teach you about key nonfiction writing techniques you can use to produce a “can’t put down” family history that will keep the pages turning for generations.
NOTE: While Facebook is not required, participants will reap the most benefits from the collaborative environment by accessing the Facebook Groups for each of The Write Stuff Genealogy Intensives.
Offers expire, Sunday, 8 July 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.