Have you ever wished for a whiteboard in the cloud where you could generate ideas, organize your research tasks, or storyboard your family history writing?
Trello is one of my favorite free project management tools. I use it for daily to-do lists, keeping track of my research projects and writing assignments, organizing my travel plans, outlining blog posts, and much more.
If you are curious about how to use Trello, join me for a mini boot camp this coming Saturday, 19 March 2016 hosted by Thomas MacEntee and HackGenealogy.com.
Here are the details to reserve your spot.
Getting Started with Trello Mini Boot Camp – Saturday, March 19, 2016
Have you ever wished for a whiteboard in the cloud where you could generate ideas, organize your genealogy research tasks, or storyboard your family history writing? Then, say “Hello” to Trello—a free project management tool to help you streamline your genealogy projects, tackle your “to-do” lists, and improve your workflow.
Here’s what you will get in Trello Mini Boot Camp:
- Learn how to set up a free Trello account and create your first project board.
- Discover Trello’s easy project management system of boards, lists and cards and how to customize them for your personal to-do lists and genealogy/family history projects.
- Learn how you can share your Trello boards and cards to collaborate with relatives, fellow researchers, and society colleagues.
- Get tips on using the Trello app to sync your boards on multiple devices to take your work with you wherever you go!
- View a variety of sample projects, and much more!
Bonus Handout: In addition to the webinar handout, attendees will receive free bonus handouts including a Trello blog post planner board template.
Sign Up for the Getting Started with Trello Mini Boot Camp Today!
With the Getting Started with Trello Mini Boot Camp you’ll receive 1.5 hours of educational content for a special low price of $7.95! You’ll receive an extensive handout, a special “freebie” created by instructor Lisa Alzo, as well access to the recorded version of the webinar!
Register by Thursday, 17 March 2016, and receive $2 off the registration price for a low $5.95! Space is limited and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handout, the freebie and access to the recording!
Saturday 19 March 2016
Duration: 1.5 hours
- 11:00 am EST /10:00 am CST
Getting Started with Trello
Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A.
Lisa Alzo – Presenter
Lisa A. Alzo is a freelance writer, instructor, and lecturer, and writing coach with over 26 years’ experience in the field of genealogy. She earned a Master of Fine Arts degree in Nonfiction Writing from the University of Pittsburgh, and is the author of ten books, including: The Family Tree Polish, Czech, and Slovak Genealogy Guide, Finding Your Slovak Ancestors, Writing Your Family History Book, and the award-winning Three Slovak Women. Lisa has written hundreds of articles and her work has appeared in Family Tree Magazine
, Family Chronicle/Your Genealogy Today
, Internet Genealogy
, APG Quarterly
, among others. An internationally recognized speaker, Lisa blogs as “The Accidental Genealogist” http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com
, where she has hosted the popular “Fearless Females Blogging Prompt” series each March since 2010. For more information see http://www.lisaalzo.com
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy
. He’s also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers
. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy
, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.”
How to Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click HERE to register. Once you register you will need to make payment via Paypal. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- IMPORTANT: If you use a different email address for Paypal than your normal email address PLEASE LET US KNOW! We need a valid working email to send you reminders and the follow up materials after the webinar! Email us at email@example.com.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a link to access the webinar on Saturday, March 19th.
- Then you’ll be reminded via e-mail at least one day prior to Boot Camp.
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the links to the handout and freebie so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo and a password will be required to access the video pages.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2016, copyright Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee, All Rights Reserved