Is writing your family history on your list of goals for 2016? Do you plan to use Scrivener, but want to learn how to get more out of this amazing writing tool? Then, you won’t want to miss the Scrivener II: Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp – Saturday, January 23, 2016 presented by yours truly, and hosted at HackGenealogy.
Here is the official announcement and instructions on how to reserve your spot today.
Are you ready to take your Scrivener skills to the next level? Perhaps you have been exploring how to use this combination word processor and project management tool for your genealogy/family history writing projects. Now, it’s time to build on the introductory instruction of the Getting Started with Scrivener Mini Boot Camp and tap into the true power of Scrivener.
Here’s what you will get in Scrivener II: Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp:
- Review the Scrivener interface, and its four main modes: Outline, Document View, Corkboard, and Scrivenings.
- Learn how to use Scrivener’s organizational tools such as labels, collections, the outliner, project notes, scratch pad, and more!
- Get tips on how the best ways to import research files and other content, and how to customize your Scrivener experience.
- Learn how to do more with the “Inspector” and how to use it to monitor your work.
- Develop a better understanding of working with revisions, printing, compiling, and exporting your work.
- Walk through a mini-writing project from start to finish: starting with a template, and following it through writing mode, corkboard mode, and outline mode.
Bonus Handout: In addition to the webinar handout, attendees will receive a free “Family History Writer Toolkit” complete with links to Scrivener resources and an “Ancestor Profile” template (Mac and Windows versions) [Note: The templates will be .scriv files, designed to work specifically with the Scrivener program].
: Lisa Alzo has negotiated a special 20% OFF DISCOUNT
on the purchase of Scrivener for those attending the Scrivener II Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp. To take advantage of this discount, select the regular license for Scrivener for either Mac (http://www.lisaalzo.com/ScrivenerMac
) or Windows (http://www.lisaalzo.com/ScrivenerWindows
) and add it to the shopping cart, then enter the coupon code LISAALZO
in the “Coupon Code:” field at the top of the shopping cart page. A 20% discount will be shown in the shopping cart, and license details will be sent upon completion of the purchase.
Sign Up for the Scrivener II Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp Today!
With the Scrivener II Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp you’ll receive 1.5 hours of educational content for a special low price of $7.95! You’ll receive an extensive handout, a special Scrivener “freebie” created by instructor Lisa Alzo, as well access to the recorded version of the webinar for up to one year!
Register by Monday, 18 January 2016 and receive $2 off the registration price for a low $5.95! Space is limited and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handout, the freebie and access to the recording!
Saturday 23 January 2016
Duration: 1.5 hours
Click here to register. Don’t delay, space is limited and seats are filling up fast!
©2015, copyright Lisa A. Alzo. All rights reserved.
[Disclosure: I have been hired as a freelance presenter for this boot camp by HackGenealogy, and I will be paid an instructor’s fee].