Well, Week 3 of NaNoWriMo 2015 has concluded and I am still “in it to win it.” I am writing something every day.I am pushing through to beat the excuses of not having time and trying to focus on my project, despite many other writing deadlines.
|Image Credit: Pixabay|
Okay, let’s get the accountability stuff out of the way. Here are my stats for Week 3:
- Total Words Written 21,867
- Words Remaining 28,133
- Current Day 22
- Days Remaining 9
- At This Rate You Will Finish On December 21, 2015
- Words Per Day To Finish On Time 3,126
This is a tall order to finish before 30 November 2015. But, not impossible. I am planning for some writing sprints this week. We shall see.
Now, more importantly, here are a few things I have learned about “writer self” in Week 3.
- I need to schedule my writing sessions for this project because there are too many other priorities (in other words paid writing work) pulling for my “rear in chair” time.
- I am an early morning creative writer.
- I need external deadlines (I tend to let my self-imposed deadlines pass).
- I don’t really believe in “Writer’s Block” (more about this at another time).
- I really do like my writing project. Every time I go back and review my research I am amazed at the complexity of the story.
- I enjoy the process of storyboarding and I could not get through NaNoWriMo without Scrivener for Mac and Windows (It was so worth buying both versions).
Week 4 is underway. Will I win? Stay tuned…
If you are still in it too…I’d love to hear how you are doing.
©2015, copyright Lisa A. Alzo. All rights reserved.