In celebration of Women’s History Month, Family Tree University is offering a 20% discount on the online Finding Female Ancestors course that begins 03/24/14. But you must act fast and register before the course begins to receive the discount.
Go to http://www.familytreeuniversity.com to register now!
Enter Coupon Code ALZOFEMALES
Let’s be frank: Most historical records were created for men. Most are all about men. Men controlled the government and ran most businesses. Property was listed under a man’s name, and it was the male’s surname that carried to the next generation. It’s a fact—following women in your family tree can be a pain. But while tracing the ladies in your family line can be challenging, it’s not impossible. There are oodles of available resources to help trace your maternal ancestry—you just need to know where to look!
YOU’LL LOVE THIS COURSE IF:
- You want solid strategies for finding females in your family tree
- You don’t know where to start when tracing maiden names
- You need a specific solution to your special research problem
- You want to understand more about the day-to-day life of your female ancestors
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Developing a successful research strategy for rooting out women in your family tree
- Tips for teasing out maiden names in a vast variety of record groups
- Rooting out female ancestors in sources such as oral histories, family traditions, diaries, letters and more
- Brick wall strategies for solving special research problems
View the complete course outline here. Learn the in-depth techniques to find the females in your family tree.
[Disclaimer: I work as an instructor for Family Tree University and am paid an instructor’s fee to teach this course].
Copyright 2014, Lisa A. Alzo
All Rights Reserved