Today is Thanksgiving, and here are ten things I am especially thankful for this year.
1. Good Health. It may sound cliché , but I’m always grateful to receive good news from my routine medical exams and tests.
2. The Best Husband. He puts up with my crazy schedule and supports my goals and dreams.
3. Family: My aunts, uncle and cousins. I love you all.
4. Fabulous Friends. So blessed to have you in my life.
5. A Writer’s Life. It’s so fulfilling to be able to make a living as a writer.
6. Freedom. Thanks to the men and women who sacrifice so much so that I can enjoy freedom.
7. My Slovak/Rusyn Heritage. Strong people. Big hearts.
8. A Home. It’s not the building that counts, but the love contained within its walls.
9. Loving Parents. I miss them both very much but so grateful for the love they gave me and for how they raised me.
10. Determined Grandparents. For having the courage to get on the boats. I owe all the benefits I enjoy today to their decisions.
Wherever you are, enjoy your day and I hope you can take a few moments to list those things you are grateful for this year.
Copyright, 2011, Lisa A. Alzo