As the New Year approaches, I’ve composed a list of 11 genealogy/writing goals I have for 2011.
1. Follow up on researching my Alzo ancestors using information I obtained from my trip to Slovakia this summer.
2. Publish revised editions (and electronic versions) of my books, Three Slovak Women and Baba’s Kitchen.
3. Try to find out more about my grandmother’s brother who stayed in Slovakia.
4. Publish a new book.
5. Explore genealogy in Second Life.
6. Book additional speaking engagements–including some remote/virtual lectures.
7. Blog more frequently and try to use Twitter more for genealogical purposes.
8. Continue to expand my freelance writing career.
9. Write for at least 15 minutes per day (about ancestors or topics not associated with assignments or deadline projects).
10. Finish organizing my father’s scrapbook of his basketball days.
11. Purge, purge, purge the clutter! Organize all the other!
I’m happy to report that I accomplished all of the goals on my “Ten in 10” list, except one. Due to extenuating circumstances I was not able to publish a new book. So, I carried that goal over to 2011.
To my fellow Geneabloggers: What are your goals for the New Year? I wish you a happy, healthy, and productive 2011!
Copyright 2010, Lisa A. Alzo
All Rights Reserved